Wednesday 10 June 2009

Highcross Shopping Centre, Leicester

Highcross Shopping Centre, Leicester

As a Leicester lad I must say the City is somewhere I only visit every now and then. Old, tired and run down was probably how I would have described it for years. As a teenager I would visit after dark and boogie the nights away in night clubs, especially as I recall Mr Kiesas above the Haymarket, but at other times it had little to offer.
All change in 2008. The old Shires shopping centre was repalced with the state of the art Highcross, large areas made pedestrian, everywhere cleaned and tidied and a new arts quarter developed which included the grand Curve theatre. Guess what its now somewhere I visit alot more often.

No comments:

Photograpy & Content Of This Site

All photographs displayed on this website are copyrighted to the Author.
Please do not use without permission.